Tuesday 7 March 2017

How to get Viral Facebook Shares – and Why This is the Wrong Question to Ask

I often get asked “How can I get more viral Facebook Shares?”. Everyone wants an image or post to go crazy, do the rounds on Facebook, get Pinned to Pinterest, and shared on other blogs, right?  

In this post, I share 3 examples of posts that have fared really well or gone “viral” on Facebook for my clients and subscribers.  I am also going to reveal why focusing on “going viral” is just not smart – and why you need to ask another question other than “How can I get more Viral Facebook Shares?”.  If you get that part right first, the results might surprise you!



A post going viral is definitely a good thing.  Don’t get me wrong.  More shares equate to more reach and more eyes on your content, potentially more fans, and Facebook is then more likely to send your content out into the newsfeed of your fans more often.  It’s a whole Edgerank/algorithm thing, and I won’t go into it here. Most of you know that the more likes, comments, shares you get, the more likely your content is going to be seen by your fans/likers in future.

What I do want to look at is how you can ensure that your content gets noticed in the first place, liked, commented on, and shared by your fans. And the first place to start is not by thinking “Let’s make a viral post”.

It’s about having a message that resonates with your community. It’s about asking:   
  • How Can I add Value to my Readers?
  • How can I solve their problems?
  • How can I answer their questions?
  • How can I inspire them?
  • How can I stir strong emotion?
  • How can I challenge them?
  • How can I help them to do something?
If you ask these questions (rather than “How can I make my post go viral?”) then you are more likely to get your content seen (and shared).

So, let’s take a look at some examples from some of my clients/subscribers and why each post was so successful.  

3 strategies tomorrow...

What strategies have you used? 
http://sociallysorted.com.au/how-to-get-viral-facebook-shares-and-why-this-is-the-wrong-question-to-ask/

No comments:

Post a Comment